Friday, May 09, 2008

This Sunday is Mother’s Day. Many of us are at the age where our Mothers have already “changed address” as the Hawaiians say. Some of you, like me, might have an uneasy feeling as the day approaches. I didn’t have that wonderful mother/daughter experience that according to the media, we’re supposed to have had. I have absolutely no idea what that would feel like. I have no memories of mother/daughter intimacy, only memories of living in fear that I would do something wrong and be brutally punished.

I have done my forgiveness work, over and over, and yet every so often there is a “why” that comes up while everyone else is celebrating their Mothers. I know I am responsible for every part of my life, yet why did I contract my childhood out to abandonment, pain, and rejection?

Sometimes “why” is a futile question. Rainer Maria Rilke wrote:

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart…Try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books written in a very foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.

In other words, accept what was. Knowing why will not change the experience. I can be grateful for being born, and for the will to survive regardless of what was happening. None of my past matters today, in this moment. So in this moment, I move beyond why and honour the Mother/daughter experience I had, knowing it made me who I am today. I honour all the women whom I chose to play that role in my life and still do. Most of all I honour the Divine Feminine in all women including myself.

Blessings, Rev. A

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

I recognize the One Life that lives Itself through me. I honour It today as the Goddess and as I do, I honour The Divine Mother.

I know this Presence is within me. I let myself rest in the compassionate heart of the Divine Feminine. I am where I am, and who I am, because of those who have mothered me. Everything I have experienced has only been for my highest good. I now look at and feel only the good and let it resonate through out my field of consciousness.

I am where I am and who I am because of those I have mothered. The Divine Mother and I are one. This too I let resonate through out my field of consciousness.

Gratefully I celebrate Life expressing as Mother, and all that it contains. I am happy to be alive. And so it is.


No comments: