Friday, May 23, 2008

I believe one of the reasons so many people signed up for the Oprah/Tolle web casts was because the subtitle of Tolle's book A New Earth is "Awakening to Your Life's Purpose." "How can I discover my Purpose?" is a question I have heard many times in my 22 years of ministry. Before then I asked it myself.

Western culture leads us to believe we have to be famous at what ever we do to be of value. We keep looking to what we are supposed to be doing in the future. What if our Purpose is just to BE. What if our Purpose is to be doing what we are doing RIGHT NOW! Right now, you are reading this e-mail …. This is your Purpose. In a few moments you might be pouring a cup of tea. That is your Purpose. When we are questioning, "What am I supposed to be doing here?" we are missing out on what is right in front of us to do.

So here's my take on "How to find your Purpose:"

1. Be where your body is

2. Honour The Source Within

3. Do what is in front of you with grace

4. Be grateful for everything

See how simple that is? OK, it might not be easy, especially #1 – however the more we do it, the easier it becomes, and we will find that we are achieving our Purpose – to BE - a living, breathing, expression of The One.

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Breathing deeply, I let myself rest in the center of my Being. I relax into my Spirit self, knowing this is who I am in Truth. I feel the Oneness and know I am much more than I think I am.

Today I am ready to BE. As I do the things in front of me to do, I let myself do them with grace and gratitude. All activity is sacred and I approach each activity, no matter how mundane, as sacred work.

I pay attention to the little details of my life in Present Time. I recognize each of them as a love note from Spirit. I am so grateful to be alive, awake and aware. I am grateful for the way my body works, for the way I do the work of my hands, for what I feel as I do this work. I am The Presence of The Divine.

I know who I am. I know what is mine to do. I know my Purpose. For this I humbly give thanks. And so It is.

No comments: