Monday, March 31, 2008

March 28, 2008

Blessings to you,

A few Wednesday nights ago, before the New Earth Study Group, we saw a Mother deer and two young ones in the meadow outside the Centre. Both Cheryl and I said that at first we felt a thrilling rush of excitement that settled into a feeling of awe as we watched them.

What is it about this type of experience in nature that excites us so? Perhaps it is because we rarely have the opportunity. Perhaps it is because all nature, except for us, lives in the Now. All of nature is just Being, and our soul recognizes this.

The deer were not concerned with bills, work, current affairs or the state of the world. They didn't care who was watching them or why. They were doing what they wanted in the moment, and at that moment it was to savor some of the succulent grasses in the meadow.

How often do we allow ourselves to be so present? This morning while I was making coffee, I wasn't really there. I was thinking about some things I want to do in the garden. All of us have had the experience of being in the car, and finding ourselves at our destination with no memory of how we got there. We were probably thinking of work or our families, but certainly not focused on driving. We spend very little time being present.

Let's practice Being this week. The late Rev. Helen Street said to be present all one had to do was be where their body was. My re-entry into my body is through the breath. When I realize I'm not in Present Time, I breathe deeply and re-connect. We might be doing a lot of breathing this week – yet I KNOW it is worth it!!

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Divine Life is Sacred Energy. It is the Presence that permeates all things. It is the Presence that is the Source of all things. It is the Life Force that animates this Universe. It is my Life.

I choose to vibrate at the level of the Sacred. I do this by honouring Present Time. I allow myself to Be. I am conscious as I go about my daily affairs. I am where my body is. I am awake and aware of myself as an expression of Divine Life.

Gratefully I celebrate Life and all It contains. I celebrate walking on sacred ground, and knowing Who I Am. I release these words, knowing they are my Truth, And so It is.

No comments: