Friday, May 31, 2013

Everything We Do Affects Far More Than We Think



At a recent book circle, we were reading a section of a book that has to do with feelings, and our conversation kept going back to the recent Oklahoma tornado that was so devastating.  As usual, one of the questions was ‘why?”

Something I had read in our book made me think of the creative power of thoughts and feelings.  I thought about how our country seems so divided – so hostile – especially in the areas of politics, religion, and sexuality. 

The tornado was right in the middle of the country.  What if it was a result of our divisiveness?   I know my consciousness creates or attracts experiences in my life.  Who’s to say that the same Law that is working in my life isn’t happening in the collective consciousness?

The macrocosm and the microcosm. According to Wikipedia -  Macrocosm and microcosm is an ancient Greek Neo-Platonic schema of seeing the same patterns reproduced in all levels of the cosmos, from the largest scale (macrocosm or universe-level) all the way down to the smallest scale (microcosm or sub-sub-atomic or even metaphysical-level).

In other words, the Law of Attraction works on every level.  So what does this mean to us?  To me?  I’ve really got to pay more attention to my thoughts and feelings!  I don’t want to be feeding a negative pool, I want to be part of the solution! 

This is another reason to keep studying the Science of Mind.  It really isn’t just about us anymore.  It’s about the Oneness – realizing that anything we do, think and feel, affects far more than our little circles of influence. 

AFFIRMATIVE PRAYER

Gratefully I celebrate the powerful presence of The Divine within me. I see It everywhere around me as well.  The infinitely intelligent mind of The Divine is working through us, awakening us to our spiritual magnificence, nurturing our spirits, clearing our minds and purifying our hearts. 

I acknowledge that together we are opening to a new way of being. We are ready to live without blame or criticism.  We are ready to communicate in ways that honor each others beliefs and cultures. We are ready to be loving kindness in action, peace personified, Love made manifest.

I personally commit myself to the possibilities of this time, knowing I am making a difference.  I declare that I am ready to be living for everyone’s highest good. I pledge myself to my human family to live the very best life, to think on good things, to celebrate Life in all its forms. I promise to honor and respect The Divine in everyone and every thing.

No comments: