Friday, March 10, 2006

Recently I was e-mailed this question:

“I’ve been reading about Mercury in retrograde, and Uranus and Pluto in square.... which might explain at least a part of the total chaos many of us have been experiencing. I really tend to doubt these suggestions, but it does seem like it’s a "universal" problem, like someone slipped something into the water! And if we are all responsible for our own creations...how does all this fit?

Excellent question! Let me respond by sharing a simple question asked by Dr. Tom Costa (founder of the Palm Desert, CA. C.R.S.)

“If you’re not using your mind, who is?”

Every Sunday I state that our Centre is a spiritual re-fueling station, where we have the opportunity to refresh our minds and hearts and remember the Truth of our being. It’s an opportunity to once again choose what we want in and for our lives after a week of media and other types of mesmerization, including the mesmerization of our own self-talk.

Yes, we are responsible for our own creations and if we’re not consciously choosing every second, we get to “go with the flow.” Remember that phrase?? It’s not such a good saying these days as the collective unconscious seems to be filled with fear and negativity.

Someone once said “If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.” For instance: if the news is predicting “flu season” and we are not consciously choosing health, we will experience the flu.

I believe the responsibility of Religious Scientists and all Truth students, is to rise above the negativity the world seems to want us to believe in. Funny thing is – we are the world. So let’s go deeper. The Truth is: We walk in the atmosphere of our own believing. Our world is the way it is because we have accepted it as being that way. Our beliefs add to the collective unconscious or subjective mind. We use that one mind. We get to experience the effects of what we have accepted.

I’m not going to negate the possibility of the effects of the ancient sciences, but I do know this: It is done unto us as we believe. Choose carefully what you want to believe in. Our responsibility is to change our focus, to change what we will accept for our lives and the lives of others.

How do we begin? Think about God instead. Recreate your beliefs about our world. In Truth, we live in a positive, peaceful world, filled with health, love, prosperity and creativity. Let it be so for you, and act as if everything you do makes a difference, because it does!!

Blessings, Rev. Angelica

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

There is only One Life – that Life is Spirit, and that Life is my life. I rejoice in this Truth. Who I am is much greater than I possibly could imagine. All that Spirit is, I am. I am infinitely intelligent, unconditionally loving, everywhere present and all powerful.

Knowing this, I realize my responsibility as a Spiritual Being experiencing humanness. If there is anything in my world I want to change, it is up to me. I carry the Light into the dark corners. I do this by paying attention. I pay attention to my dominant thoughts and feelings. I pay attention to what I believe about myself and my Self. I know they are the same. It is up to me to reveal the Power and Presence within me that outpictures as my clear mind and pure heart.

I declare I am all that I am meant to be. Spirit in form, living with ease and grace. Serving my Self in all forms of life. We are all One.

With a grateful heart, I release these words into Spiritual Law, knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: