Monday, February 14, 2011

Turn It Over

February 11, 2011

I got an e-mail from Hay House this morning, announcing a contest to have a book published. I got all excited and then right in the middle of filling out the form, I closed the e-mail, telling myself I needed to get a cup of coffee, and I'd do this 'later.'

As I walked down the stairs, I asked myself "What are you afraid of?"

Coming back to my office with coffee in hand, the next e-mail I opened was from TUT ... A Note From the Universe ..

Have you ever wondered, Angelica, why most people have less trouble with walking and not falling down, talking and making perfect sense, and breathing without stopping, than they do with dieting, finding love, or getting rich?

Of course not, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's because with walking, talking, and breathing (which, incidentally, are infinitely more complex than the latter), they engage the magic with intent and expectation, twitch a few general muscles to get things started, and then, with faith, they turn the rest over to me.

In the second group, they try to do it all themselves.*


Instant answer to my question. Most of you know that one of my hearts desires is to be published. To feel a book in my hands that I have written. To go into a bookstore and see my book featured. I had someone ask why I wanted to be published and was surprised when I gave those answers. They thought I'd be more altruistic and say something about my writing making a difference in people's life's. That part I already know. That part is what keeps me writing every week.

In my years of ministry, I've realized that sometimes the thing you want the most is the thing you're most afraid of. For me it's the old fear of rejection coming up. Could my fear also come from thinking I have to do it all myself? The Truth is - I have almost 10 years of Friday Messages. My goal has been to have enough to make a year long daily reader. I've surpassed that goal. Each Friday I sit at the computer, put my fingers on the keys and let The Divine do the typing. Yes, my writings are from my perspective -- yet I've received countless e-mails about how what I wrote was exactly what a person needed at the time.

Today, all I have to do is fill out that form, hit send, and start picking the ones I want to be included in my book. Regardless of whether or not I win the contest, I'd still be further than I am now.

How about you? Do you have something you really desire and have let fear immobilize you? It's time for all of us to 'twitch a few muscles to get things started and turn the rest over to God."

* www.tut.com


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

There is only One Cause - the Infinite Intelligence of the Universe. This Cause is Divine Energy moving through all things, guided and directed by consciousness. This consciousness is within all things, including me.

Knowing this, I now declare I am ready and willing to let go and let God do Its perfect work in, through and as me. I follow the desires of my heart, knowing they are Divine Desires, and listen to my intuition. I let go of fear -- fear used to be false evidence appearing real, now it is feeling excited and ready.

In my mind's eye, I see myself doing what my heart desires. I feel what it feels like, and I feel my Spirit smile. How grateful I am to know that my seeing this sets the Law in motion and all the Power of the Universe is behind making my vision real. God, being infinitely intelligent knows exactly what do to when and how to do it. I listen and follow with gratitude.

I release these words knowing they are so - and so It is.

No comments: