Sunday, February 20, 2011


I took a walk early this afternoon and was stopped in my tracks watching three hawks sailing in the upper winds. Absolutely beautiful against the blue sky. As they circled, one kept flying close enough above me that I could see his wing feathers clearly. I got out my iPhone to take a picture. He flew further away, and I called out "Come back, come back" and suddenly the air was filled with birds! In the upper levels were more hawks and some seagulls.. and the lower levels were hundreds of smaller birds all flying towards the northwest.

I was stunned. I watched as the hawks took chase. I turned away. I didn't want to see one of the smaller birds caught. Then I turned back, reminding myself "That's life. That's their reality. They can't live it according to my thoughts of how things should be."

I've realized that I really avoid what I think are negatives. I don't watch scary movies or the news. I don't read books about bad things happening to people. I stay away from constant complainers. I focus on beauty, and things that fill me with awe and wonder, and I laugh a lot. I love my life.

Yet, watching the hawks today made me curious - what am I missing by refusing to look at what I am judging as negative? There is beauty in every aspect of Life. If it's all God, then what part of God am I not allowing myself to see?

I'm beginning to think that having judgments freezes our openness to the Allness of God. Having judgments essentially means I think everyone should do things my way. I now accept that things just are the way they are. The only thing I can change is my reaction to them -- what I think about them or what value I put on them. And I'm still going to focus on beauty, and things that fill me with awe and wonder, and laugh a lot.


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

All there is is God. There is nothing else.

Knowing this, I declare I see with the eyes of God. I look at things in the most perfect and intelligent way. I open my heart and my mind to see what is Real. I now have a more complete perspective of the Divine Harmony that I know is back of every action and reaction.

As I realize this, I am filled with an unconditional love. It fills me up and spills out into my world. I see the microcosm and the macrocosm of Life and know that It is good, very good. It is all God.

Gratefully I release these words into the Law of Mind, letting them be deeply embodied within my subjective mind. And so It is.

No comments: