Friday, September 04, 2009

Relief!

This morning, while letting the dogs play at the dog park, I stopped to sit and enjoy the fantastic weather and watch the dogs play. Across the grass from me was a trash can, and it was so interesting to watch people come to the can, gingerly holding a bag, throw it in and walk away with a visible sign of relief!

At one point I started smiling, and then it turned into laughter. I don’t like carrying around a bag of fresh dog poo either. I know that feeling of relief when I finally get around the course to a trash can and can let go of it. But that’s not why I was laughing.

I was remembering a workshop I attended in the early ‘80’s led by the actress, Gloria Manon, called “Break Through Drama.” It was the first workshop I’d ever taken of its type, so it had extra impact. At one point I was sort of embarrassed/amused by a term Gloria used – she called our old beliefs, (the ones we were hanging on to regardless of how they were working in our lives) “precious turds.”

As I sat on that bench in the park, I could see how gingerly each person held their bag of precious turds. They did anything to prevent from dropping them, all the while, trying not to touch them! They stopped to talk to people along the path, and tried to ignore that they even had them.

You see where I’m going with this? Isn’t this what we do with our lives? We have all sorts of interesting crap we’ve picked up over the years, and mostly we try to ignore it. Occasionally we remember, and then do everything we can to avoid it. Once we allow ourselves to let go of it, however, Wow – what a relief!!

Here’s something else I noticed – if a person doesn’t see that their dog has pooed – everyone around tells them and then watches them to make sure they clean it up! This seems to be what’s happening in the collective consciousness at the moment. The success of Debbie Ford’s Shadow Work, and the work of others, shows us that we might as well consciously participate!! Enrolling in Science of Mind courses is a good way to examine your beliefs as well. We can all use a good consciousness cleanse!!

Here’s to feeling a great relief!!




SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

I recognize the powerful Presence of Divine Love. It is absolutely everywhere, including within me. It is the air I breathe, the things I touch, taste, smell, hear and see. It is all there is.

This Presence works for me, by working through me, according to my dominant beliefs. Knowing this Truth, I hereby declare I have released all that does not serve me. My mind is now filled with thoughts of beauty, peace, wisdom, health, wealth and creativity. My mind is filled with Divine Thoughts.
I focus on God, the Good, and as I do this, my life begins to reflect this Good.

What a relief this is. I have let go of worry, doubt and fear. I have accepted Christ Consciousness as my own. I know the Truth, and this Truth has set me free.

With a grateful heart, I release these words, knowing that I have already embodied them, and this too is good, very good. And so it is.

No comments: