Friday, October 24, 2008

A Privilege

Paul Newman, one of the icons of Hollywood, died not long ago. On a CNN report online, I read this statement by his daughter:

"Always and to the end, Dad was incredibly grateful for his good fortune. In his own words: 'It's been a privilege to be here.'"

“It’s a privilege to be here.” Wow! What a powerful affirmation! What if we approached each day with this consciousness?

Too often we start our day thinking about “The List” and how we’re going to get everything accomplished … or by replaying an argument had with a friend (even if that argument was one we made up in our heads) … or by bemoaning our fate – physically, emotionally and mentally.

Think of the energy we are emanating with these thoughts – no wonder so many people are tired all the time!

What if tomorrow we woke up, took a deep breath, and said “It’s a privilege to be here.”?

That would start me on a different sort of list – a list of what I am grateful for. The energy I would be emanating would be lighter and brighter, and my day would follow suit!

It’s a privilege to be here. Thank You Spirit, living Life, in me, through me and as me.


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

I celebrate the Powerful Presence within me. It is Life Itself. It is within me and around me, indeed It is everywhere.

I am so grateful I have chosen to be here, in this time, to express Divine Life. I open my heart, my mind and my whole being to the honouring of this Life. I am open to experience more of my own divinity, and the divinity of others. This is our Truth.

I am grateful for everything I have experienced up until this moment, whether I named it as “positive” or “negative.” I am grateful for all I am experiencing now, and all I will experience as time goes by.

It is a privilege to be here, and to be actively conscious of being here.

There is only One Life – that Life is God’s and that Life is the Life I am living now. This is a very good thing.

I release these words of celebration, knowing they are my Truth, and so it is.

No comments: