Thursday, February 21, 2008

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed you thought you just couldn’t do what was in front of you? Many of us just keep putting one foot in front of the other, getting more and more tired and cranky, however, here’s a tip:

When you think you can't .... Remember a time when you could.

Last month I stood in my basement where boxes of stuff belonging to me and the Centre have been stored for a long time. I couldn’t handle it. That mountain of boxes needed to be sorted and repacked. It looked insurmountable! I felt like crying and my mind was whining (“I’ll never get finished”, I’m too old for this!” and other such things) and my body ached just thinking about it. I distracted myself and time went by.

Last week I stood in the same position and as my mind started to think those same thoughts, I reined it in. “Hey” I told it – “we’ve done this before – it’s never as bad as it looks!” I reflected on all the moves I have made since being an adult and how they were all successful. I have no moving horror stories! Then I reminded my mind about the benefits of this move – my moving in with my Beloved, and the Centre now having its own office. I picked up the first box and began. Cheryl Keating joined me a couple of days, and boy is she amazing! So organized and quick it is inspiring!! Now it’s a few days before the movers come, I’m almost finished, and it wasn’t as insurmountable as it looked!

We need to pay more attention to our successes! One thing I noticed quite clearly. Thinking about how hard it was going to be is draining energetically. Thinking about how I’ve always done it well in the past was empowering.

How about you? What challenges are you facing? Think about a time when you succeeded and let that memory carry you forward. Dr. Holmes writes in the Science of Mind that memory is an active thing. The energy is still working in our subjective mind!! You don’t even have to remember a time when you succeeded doing the same thing. Just knowing you can do what ever you set your mind to (once we get it to stop whining J) is empowering!

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Right here, right now, I recognize Infinitely Intelligent Love as the Power, Presence and Atmosphere of my life. I know Love is everywhere, including within me, and I am now consciously aligned with It. In me, as me, through me, God is One with Itself.

From this place of awareness, I open my mind to remember my successes. This fills me with a sense of peace and empowerment. I KNOW I can do anything I put my mind to do, because there is only One Mind, and this is the mind I am using.

God in me can do anything, so I let go of my complaining. As I let go, I make room for the awareness that I am more than I think I am. Who I am in Truth is a successful, competent, loving person. I am empowered by this realization, and any challenge I face becomes smaller. I am capable of great things!

I gratefully accept this Truth. I remember who I am. I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing it is done. God is good, and all is well in my world. And so it is.

No comments: