Friday, May 04, 2007

I’ve been hearing a song from Camelot in my head this week … unfortunately I could only remember the first line – so I looked it up …

“Tra la! It's May! The lusty month of May!”
That lovely month when ev'ryone goes
Blissfully astray.
Tra la! It's here!
That shocking time of year
When tons of wicked little thoughts
Merrily appear.
It's May! It's May! …. “

I like that word “lusty” J According to my computer’s dictionary, it means 1. Strong and healthy; 2. energetic; and of course, 3.lustful.

The month of May is when we see the visible effects of Mother Nature’s awakening. Outside my office there is a purple lilac tree, two flowering magnolias, (one white and one purple). Across the brook I can see red tulips and yellow daffodils. I can hear the birds twittering, and a dog off in the distance. There is something so playful about the riotous colours and the delightful sounds. For me May is The Universe’s invitation to come out of the cocoon of winter and PLAY!!

We adults get so involved in our to-do lists, our daily chores, and the projects waiting for completion, I think we either forget to play, or feel too guilty to do it. Remember that nursery phrase that said “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”? Maybe we should write at the top of our to-do lists in huge letters: PLAY !!

In the song, Guenevere sings:
Tra la! It's May!
The lusty month of May!
That darling month when ev'ryone throws
Self-control away.
It's time to do
A wretched thing or two,
And try to make each precious day
One you'll always rue!
It's May! It's May!
The month of "yes you may,"

Give yourself permission to play this month!! Your Inner Child will adore you.

Blessings, Rev. Angelica

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

The Creative Spirit of Life is absolutely everywhere. I now consciously recognize It within me. As I acknowledge this Spirit I embody Joy.

I know there are things for me to do as part of my daily plan … yet today I allow myself to have moments of Divine Play. As I do this, I let go of the guilt for not doing the “things” and they become less heavy in my mind. There is That Within Me that will guide me into getting them done and I will do so with a lighter heart since I have given myself permission to play. Divine Strength is within me, Divine Energy fills me up. I feel the lustiness of May!

I celebrate my Life with joy and gratitude. I celebrate the “things to do ” and I celebrate my ability to let my Inner Child – the Divine Child – out to express Itself in wondrous ways. I experience the awe of Life and all It’s glories.

Life is good and I am so grateful to be aware of this. Gratefully I release my word, knowing it is already so. And so It is.

No comments: