Saturday, November 12, 2005

Remembrance Day -- This is the first year I’ve ever felt this sad on this day. Perhaps it’s because I just finished reading a very graphic novel about a young woman who survived the atom bomb in Nagasaki. Perhaps it’s because the U.S. activities in the Middle East bring up memories of friends lost in Viet Nam.

What ever it is, I believe most of us have been touched by war in some way – whether it be ourselves, or having fathers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters, mothers, aunts and uncles serving in the military. As much as I dislike war, I honour the courage it takes to step up and fight for something one believes in. I honour the commitment to peace.

As I thought about the military families in Canada and the U.S. this morning, I realized I also have to honour the men, women and children – soldiers and civilians - that have died all over the world because of war.

War rips big holes in the fragile framework of our lives. Lives are lost, and for the living, dreams are lost, and our consciousness is forever changed, on personal as well as planetary levels. I know there is another way to solve our issues and it’s up to us to discover that way and make a difference where we live. Margaret Mead wrote:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”


I will be a thoughtful, committed global citizen and join in the 2 minutes of silence at 11:11 AM today, praying with the full intention that I will see world peace in my lifetime, and the millions of deaths the world over will have not be in vain. It might be a small gesture, yet I know it is a powerful one.

This Sunday is World Kindness Day, and what a better way to enhance peace in the world than to practice random acts of kindness, not just on Sunday, but everyday.

Join me in being the one that makes the difference!!

Blessings, Rev. Angelica

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

God is the Omnipresent Power of Love. This Love is infinitely intelligent and all powerful. It is the creator of all and sustains all, including me.

I am so grateful to be able to stand on Principle and know the Truth. I celebrate freedom, the freedom that was fought for, and the freedom that is eternally filling me up as I go deeper into my true nature. My nature is the Nature of The Divine – filled with kindness, joy, peace and love. These divine qualities radiate from me in waves of goodness, and my life is a pure reflection of Divine Love. I declare that my life is filled with grace, and it is good, very good. As I accept this for myself, I accept this for all.

Gratefully, I release these words into Spiritual Law, knowing the Power of the Universe is behind them, and they are already done. And so it is.

No comments: