Friday, November 08, 2013

Dreams Fulfilled



This week has been amazing.   One of my dearest dreams has been fulfilled.  I have in my possession the first copy of my first book! 
It’s brought up many memories.  I’ve always wanted to be a writer.  I remembered writing a story in 3rd grade about a rabbit that the nuns praised me for – which made me write another story about  a young girl having a visitation of Mother Mary.  The nuns loved it so much I got to read it to other classes – including the high school ones!  I kept writing – it was so much fun!  I even got in trouble writing a slightly erotic story (as erotic as a virgin of 14 could write 51 years ago) and passing it around my homeroom class for “reviews.”  I wrote stories and articles for popular magazines about current events and got lots of rejection letters. And then I stopped.  

It wasn’t until I found the Science of Mind in my early thirties and did a lot of inner work that I started writing again – and for the last 10 years have written a spiritual message once a week that’s gone out via e-mail to over 1000 people.  Now 365 of those writings are sitting in front of me, encased in a beautiful cover that’s an amazing painting called “Galactic Event” by Kelly Walker, a Baltimore artist friend.  My book is even listed on Amazon!!!

I feel like this IS a Galactic Event – now I’ve got the first book in hand, the floodgates are open and the rush of inspiration I felt as a youth is back.  Right now 3 non-fiction and 2 fiction works want to come through.  For a moment I had a “why didn’t I do this sooner” feeling.  I let that go.  The time is now.  There are no longer fears – the fun is back!    

What about you?  We all have dreams that we wished we’d achieved when we were younger. It’s never too late for our dreams, so what’s holding You back? 
Is it fear that your gift isn’t good enough? Your gift is God given, how could it not be good enough?   
Fear that you don’t know enough?  Ernest Holmes writes in the Science of Mind, “The universal Mind contains all knowledge.  It is the potential ultimate of all things.  To it, all things are possible.”    You can trust that wellspring of Infinite Intelligence within you to bring you the information you need.
Fear that you’ll be rejected?  Yes, you might, yet if you’re really intentional about expressing your gifts, you’ll get to the right people at the right time.
Fear that everything will change if you let yourself live your dreams?  Yes, everything will change, and though it might feel uncomfortable for awhile, soon you will realize that Life got better than you can possibly imagine now!

It’s time.  The Universe needs you to fulfill your dreams. Face the fear and do it anyway.  It feels so good!     
AFFIRMATIVE PRAYER

We live in an infinite field of creative potential.  This field is made of Divine Energy.  It is flowing all around us and within us.  It is the Source and substance of all that is. It animates our bodies, fills our hearts and empowers our minds.

Knowing that this amazing Divine Energy is both Love and Law, I let my dreams out of the closets of my mind and fill them with Divine Life.  There is nothing too hard for God, so there is nothing too hard for me.  

 As I let my dreams come out, I feel the Power of them and realize I am the one who’s been hiding.  I choose now to honor my God given gifts and talents with a deep feeling of awe.  I can do this!  I can live my dreams! 

How grateful I am to know I am expanding my consciousness to include all of me – to include my dreams and the changes that will come because of them.  I am open to receive all of Life’s blessings as I step out on my Path.  Life is good.

I release these words with Love into the Law of Mind knowing they are done.  And so it is.   

No comments: