Saturday, October 20, 2012

Everything will be alright?

I had the opportunity to see Arthur Miller's iconic play, An Enemy of the People. It was done very well. I can't say I 'enjoyed' it, as it made me very uncomfortable, especially in this political climate. At the end, as we were walking out, I told my friend I was having a very hard time with the ending of the play. There was no resolution, no happy ever after. She said "It's reality" and that made me even more uncomfortable.

I wonder if the fairy tales I read as a child instilled in me the idea that everything always works out - the girl gets the one she loves, money magically appears, a new cure arrives on the scene just in time, etc.

"Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, then it is not yet the end."
The success of this quote from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel proved to me that we all feel the same way. We want everything to work out.

The Truth is, every thing does work out -- it just might not work out OUR way - the way we think it should. There's an element of fear in our desire to have things go our way. We're afraid if they don't, life will be hard, or we won't find love, or will end up penniless.

In times like this, I have to remind myself that there is an Infinite Intelligence at work here. Everything is working out for the highest and best for ALL concerned. not just myself. This doesn't stop me from desiring the outcome I want, but it does relieve me from disappointment if things don't turn out the way I want them to. I can let go of my fears, because I know the infinitely intelligent Mind of God is at work, and in hindsight, I will see that everything did work out for my highest and best good.

AFFIRMATIVE PRAYER

We live in an infinitely intelligent field of creative potential. This Field is the Mind of God. In this Field is both Love and Law .. love points the way, and Law makes the way possible.

I now let go of having to have everything exactly my way. I am ready to place my desires into the Law with Love, knowing I am working with Infinite Intelligence, and It is working with me. When ever I start to feel disappointed in results, I breathe deeply, remember that everything is working out for the highest good of all, and let go and let God do Its perfect work. I know this work is done in, through and as me.

I rejoice in being a vehicle for the highest good. I am so grateful to know that Spiritual Law always works. I now release these words knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: