Friday, September 09, 2011

September 11

Back in the early 90’s, there was a sit-com on TV called Dinosaurs. I loved it. They talked about important issues with humor. In one program, the two legged dinosaurs and the four legged dinosaurs were fighting over the rights to a particular pistachio orchard. One side started carrying signs that read “We are right.” The one painting the signs got tired of writing all that out, and just put the initials W. A. R.

Flash forward to September 11, 2001 – No matter where we were or what we were doing, we all remember that date. It was a Tuesday morning … a morning we got up and went about our daily morning routines, not knowing something momentous was about to happen. I was living in Vancouver, BC. I came out of the shower to see my young roommate sitting on the couch crying. The TV was on, so I thought it was a sad movie. Then I thought maybe something had happened between her and her boyfriend. "What's the matter?" I asked. She just pointed at the television. I walked closer and thought what a weird movie -- and then as the scenes played over and over again, I realized what had happened.

For me, as an American living in Canada, the day was agonizing. I couldn’t do anything for anyone – all I could do was watch and pray. During a meditation that afternoon, I saw the twin towers as a gateway that had been blown open in our collective consciousness. It was a gateway of our choosing. We could choose to see the ‘axis of evil” flooding in, or we could see a wave of compassion flowing out. I chose compassion as did millions of people around the world. We began to move from feeling separate to a new idea of global oneness.

Other disasters have happened since that fateful day - each one shaking us to our core and giving us an opportunity to choose how we want to react.

This year is the 10th anniversary of the day our world changed in an instant – all because some people thought they were right and everyone else was wrong. It is a good time to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, and those that are still suffering the effects, whether physically, mentally or emotionally, by examining our lives to see where we are stuck in "We Are Right." It could be an issue with a neighbor, a boss, a spouse, a child, or even someone that’s not in our lives any longer. Whoever it is, we will know by the energy we feel in our body when we think about them. We can look at our personal disasters, do our forgiveness work if needed, and let those people (including ourselves) have safe passage through our minds and hearts.

I stand for Truth in Peace with all of you.

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT


There is only one Life, that Life is God’s Life and that Life is the Life we are living right now. All there is, is God. There is no other. This Life is filled with possibilities. It is based in unconditional love, and works through spiritual law.

Knowing this, I now declare all wars I have had in my life are over. No longer do I hold anyone hostage in my mind. I open my heart and let go of my need to be right. I accept that each of us has our own ‘rightness” and others might not be the same as mine. I accept that regardless of appearances, the Truth always sets us free.

Today I choose to reinforce the Divine Pattern of Peace in my heart. I declare on an individual and global level we are able to see the blessings in all events. If we can’t see them immediately, we call them forth anyway, knowing the highest good for all concerned.

With a grateful heart I celebrate being a part of the Compassionate Heart. I rejoice in being able to allow Peace to reign in my life and the lives of others. I celebrate God in everyone and know the Peace of God at a deeper level than I have ever experienced before. The Law takes our declarations and makes them manifest, and Love heals and points the way.

The Global Heart is expressing more compassion, and that compassion leads to a deeper understanding of Oneness, and comes from unconditional love. God is Love and Love heals.

This is my Truth. And so it is.

No comments: