Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011

People keep asking me "What was the best thing about your holiday?" I keep answering "I don't know - it was all so good!" and that's the truth.

What an amazing adventure! Not only did I get to experience a top-of-the-line cruise ship for my first cruise, and attend a class on Joseph Campbell and Myth, I also got to explore locations where democracy, art, philosophy, spirituality and beauty were revered. As we toured the ruins of ancient Greece, Turkey and Italy, looking at what was left of buildings that would have towered above us, I was in awe of the creativity of those grand civilizations.

In Ephesus, Turkey, I was walking down a dry, dusty, marble street and was amazed to see a single bright red poppy growing from under a piece of an ancient marble pillar. It started me thinking about the people living in those times. I thought about their daily lives, and realized they weren't any different than us. They played as children, grew up and got married, shopped, took care of their families, went to work, enjoyed the theater and various cultural events. They became laborers. merchants. politicians or priests. They went to war and won or lost ... and no matter whether it was war or the environment that destroyed their civilizations, Life went on.

I'm sure you've received various internet pieces that come though about "the good old days" and how it would be wonderful to be back in a simpler time again. One of the earliest philosophers, Heraclitus, was born in Ephesus, and is known for saying "An individual can not step into the same river twice." Yes, what went before is gone, and Life moves forward.

The poppy's message was to let go of thinking "things could have been better if..." and to continue to revere beauty, wisdom, democracy, art and spirituality. Together with countless unknown others, we are creating a world that years from now, tourists will visit and wonder "Who were these people? How did they live?" Let's leave them something to be in awe about!


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT


There is only One Mind -- that Mind is the Mind of God. We are all using this Mind at every moment. Life Itself is flowing through us, guiding us, nurturing us, to the degree that we acknowledge and allow It.

I declare with this word, that I am ready to see the past for its beauty and value, and let go of everything else. I step out on the Path of Life ready to co-create magnificence. I do this by being conscious of my actions, thoughts and feelings today, and by being responsible for my contributions to this world. Everything I do, I do for the good of all humanity and this beautiful planet we live on.

I am so grateful for all I have experienced, and all I am now. I know that together we are creating a living library for future generations to experience. This is good, very good.

I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: