Friday, May 07, 2010

Breathe

A few people I know are going through what seems like a “dark night of the soul.” I’ve been there. I know how hard it is when it seems like everything in your life is falling apart. When you feel like your prayers don’t seem to be working or you’re not even really sure anymore if this stuff we practice works!

After I had my experience I realized that a dark night of the soul is when things of the world no longer work. This is when the pedal hits the metal - when we really have to “keep the faith.” We have to ask for help and regardless what our life looks like, we have to trust. A way always opens, usually through our hearts.

In hindsight, it’s in trusting, even in the depths of darkness, that we realize that what we believe in – God, Love working through law – is always with us.

Hindsight is great – yet how do we get to that place in the middle of the dark night experience? Breathe and remember this wonderful Unity prayer:

The light of God surrounds me;
The love of God enfolds me;
The power of God protects me;
And the presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is ...

Breathe and trust.

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

In this moment, this sacred moment, I breathe deeply and remember:
There is only One. One manifesting as creative power, a loving heart and an infinitely intelligent mind. Since there is only One, It is right where I am – at the core of my being, expressing Itself through me.

Because I know this, I choose to love myself and all concerned through any dark nights. I let go of any judgments and am compassionate and forgiving. I know those times are temporary, and in fact, make me appreciate my life even more when they are over. Instead of being afraid of them or resisting, I now allow myself to be open to the newness that follows in their wake. I am open to a greater idea of who I am, Spirit in form.

I celebrate Life and all the ways It expresses through me. I am so grateful to know that the Light is always where I am, and I open my eyes and see!
And so it is.

No comments: