Friday, February 26, 2010

Courage

Years ago, at the beginning of this Path called Religious Science, I took a class called "Insight Out." In the class, we were to decorate the folder that would hold the class handouts as if it were a treasure map. Being a wordsmith, my folder had a few pictures and lots of words. One of the phrases I cut out was "Her life was better than most people's fantasies."

And so it is. I have lived in beautiful places, met so many wonderful people, and had great experiences. I have traveled the world, interacted with awesome people, and have had the privilege of participating in many peoples lives. And its not over yet!

All of this came about by my being willing to listen to the Voice Within. Many times I argued with that Voice, and resisted change with every fiber of my being, but did what I was guided to anyway.

People tell me I have a lot of courage. Brian Johnson, creator of the Philosophers Notes, quotes Rollo May, in Courage to Create: "The word courage comes from the same stem as the French word Coeur, meaning 'heart.' Thus just as one's heart, by pumping blood to one's arms, lets, and brain enables all the other physical organs to function, so courage makes possible all the psychological virtues. Without courage, other values wither away into mere facsimiles of virtue."

Brian then writes:

"I love that.
Imagine your body without your heart. Say goodbye to your arms and legs and brain and all your other organs and, well, your life.
Now, imagine your life without courage. All that love and kindness and compassion and creativity and joy and patience we live to express? Gone.
Courage. It’s the “heart” of our psychological virtue system.
Without it, all the values “wither away into mere facsimiles of virtue.”
Powerful way to look at it, eh?"


Rollo May also wrote: "Finding the center of strength within ourselves, is in the long run, the best contribution we can make to our fellow men."

Change is the only constant. Instead of being afraid of it - step into it as a Grand Adventure! The adventures of the body, as well as the emotions of the heart, are here to be experienced, and through that experience, serve our world.

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

We live and move and have our being in a glorious, infinite field of creative potential. This Field is our Source, and the substance of all It creates. It creates through us.

I rejoice in the awareness of my unlimited potential. I know that as I live from my heart/mind, I have the courage to step out and be more aware of the Divinity that I am and that is all that there is.

My courage opens the way for love, joy, compassion, and I feel good! This feeling good expands into every area of my life, and creates more good, that then expands into the lives of those I come in contact with.

I am so grateful to know these Principles, to be open to following Divine Guidance, and to live the Life I live. I release these words, knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: