Friday, June 26, 2009

Life!

I heard about death on the car radio yesterday. It isn’t an unusual experience, but because I grew up with these celebrities, I, like everyone else, I started thinking about the value and meaning of these people in my life.

It was Farrah’s hair I was in love with – during the early ‘70’s I had really, really long hair. I took a magazine cover into a beauty salon and said “Make me look like this.” Little did I know that there were thousands of women doing the same thing and this at a time when it was important for me to be an individual! A few years ago, when I decided I wanted long hair again, I naturally went back to that style. It works for me.

I wasn’t as enamored with Michael Jackson as many of my contemporaries were. I was more of the folk music type – but I loved dancing, and his music was certainly danceable! A few weeks ago I heard him say on an interview about his upcoming England tour “This is the last, the final goodbye.” How prophetic those words were – what surprised me was that he still sounded like a young boy at 50 years old.

Watching the interplay between Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon on late night TV was delightful. And oh my goodness, those envelopes, every few months over the years, from Publisher’s Clearing House, with a letter from Ed McMahon, brought hope and fantasy to the hearts of many!

Going back to value and meaning … Whether its death from a long illness, old age or sudden death, it reminds us of our mortality. We’re all going to do it – and the fact that many of us grew up with these people brings the fact that we’re not going to physically live forever even closer.

It reminds me to LIVE now – really live – not just observing from the sidelines, but getting in there and wallowing in every aspect of Life – feeling all the feelings, whether they be happy or sad, glad or mad – it’s all part of the human experience.

It also reminds me I am here for God to experience Itself as me. What kind of experience does my Spirit want to have? I believe It wants me to be authentic, use my God-given gifts well, and be fully present! So for the Divine Feminine, partially expressed through my hair, for the Divine Child within, and for the divine wise older person I have become -- This is my intention, and I am so grateful for every moment of my life.


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

There is That Within Me that desires to be more fully expressed, to have greater experiences of Itself. It is Life, my Life, which is GodLife. This Life works through me, as me, for me, through Love and Law.

I choose to open my heart and mind to let Life live an even greater experience as me. I let go of my sense of littleness, of not deserving, of unworthiness. I am the incarnation of The Divine right here and now. I accept this, I acknowledge it, I express it. I am fully alive!!

Gratefully I acknowledge all aspects of my Life, relishing being a spiritual being living a human experience. This is good, very good.

I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: