Friday, May 08, 2009

Awake!

Today Buddhists all around the world are observing Vesak – a celebration of Siddhartha Gautama’s life and teachings as the Buddha.

Devotees celebrate by offering flowers, incense and pouring water over the shoulders of a statue of Buddah to symbolize the cleansing of negativity. They also use the opportunity to reiterate their determination to lead noble lives, to develop their minds, to practice loving-kindness and to bring peace and harmony to humanity.

It is said that when Buddha was first enlightened he was asked,
"Are you a God?"
"No," he replied.
"Are you a saint?"
"No."
"Then what are you?"

And he answered, "I am awake."


That’s what “Buddha” means – awakened, or enlightened. I know there is That Within Us urging us to awaken to our own Buddha / Christ / God nature. Perhaps today we could honour our Selves with flowers, something that smells good and a ritual shower or bath. We can re-commit ourselves to the Universal Principles taught in Religious Science and use them to lead noble lives, to develop our minds, to practice loving-kindness and to bring peace and harmony to humanity.

Happy Awakening everyone!

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

There is One Life. This Life is God’s. This is the life I am living right now. I celebrate my conscious awareness of this One Life as I move into the very centre of my Self.

I acknowledge enlightenment as my Path. I am awakening, and as I do, millions of others are awakening with me. We are ushering in a time of enlightenment in humanity.

I recommit myself to living a Divine Life, opening my mind and heart to the possibilities of Divine Expression moving through me. I allow myself to be in a greater place of loving-kindness. I am compassionate with myself and others.

I honour the Paths of those who have walked before me with courage and grace. Because of them I am who I am.

Gratefully I walk this Path with Joy. The details of my life reflect my gratitude and joy in being alive. I am living the One Life and It is good.

I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing they are so, and so it is.

No comments: