Friday, November 28, 2008

Gratitude

Yesterday Patrick Mathieu* had this as his ‘status line’ on Facebook:

“There's a *very* interesting vibe in the air this morning.”

As it was Thanksgiving in the U.S., perhaps what he was feeling was a wave of gratitude. 301,139,947 people sitting down to dinner together – or at least honouring the idea of Thanksgiving – that would set up quite a wave in the collective consciousness!

I spent much of yesterday thinking about what I was grateful for --- and discovered it was EVERYTHING! I believe Gratitude is one of the most powerful spiritual practices we can participate in. Anything can be shifted in an instant when we are grateful.

Last Friday I mentioned my horrific childhood – well, my Mother wasn’t all bad. One of the things she did was encourage my talents. When she realized I loved to read, she guided me toward classic books. One of them was Pollyanna, and with that book, I developed a Life Policy that has served me well.

You might have heard people say with derision “Don’t be such a Pollyanna” … they haven’t read the book or seen the movie. Pollyanna was taught a game by her father called The Glad Game – no matter what happened, she was to find something to be glad about. She changed the consciousness of a lot of people using that Game.

The Glad Game could be called The Gratitude Game and is something we can all play. Stuck in traffic? Be grateful you have a car to drive. Woke up feeling depressed? Be grateful you woke up and that “this too shall pass!” Been ill? Be grateful for all the choices we have medically. Feeling poor? Be grateful for what you do have – and that you live where you live. In a large portion of our world, what we consider “poor” would make other people very happy!

It’s easy to be grateful when things are going well. The Game gets more challenging when they are not! However, I know you – you’re up to the challenge, eh! As when playing most games – training is necessary. We have to consciously choose to be grateful. We have to establish routines, make it a habit. Train your consciousness to be in gratitude for each experience before you can judge it! Start today! What, right in this moment, are you grateful for?

I am grateful for you readers – you magnificent expressions of The One. I am grateful for the Life that flows through each of us - that Giver of all gifts. I am grateful we are walking this Path together – even if it’s only for a moment.

Let’s ride that “vibe” and pass it on!


* Patrick’s website: http://www.powerofmortality.com/

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Gratefully I celebrate the Power Within Everything. I celebrate my awareness of It and how It works through and as me.

I now choose to play The Gratitude Game. In every experience I find something to be grateful for, no matter how negative the experience might seem to be. As I play, the Powerful Presence reveals the blessings in each experience, and I am even more grateful.

I give thanks I have the consciousness to pay attention to all I have to be grateful for. I celebrate Nature and all Life. I celebrate the people, known and unknown, that surround me. I celebrate my thoughts and feelings, grateful to know these are my creative tools. I give thanks for Life and all the ways It expresses through me.

I am a grateful person and this is good, very good.

I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing they are transformative. And so It is.



*** If you're on FaceBook -- add me as a friend!! Angelica Jayne Taggart

No comments: