Friday, September 26, 2008

Action!

Dear One,

If you’re like me, just about every day you get a new book announcement in your e-mail box … promising all sorts of goodies to make your life so much better if you run out and buy the book right away. It’s delightful that there are so many interpretations of Truth out there for us to peruse – and I’m knowing my own book will be out there soon …. however, as Dr. Holmes said on page 51 of The Science of Mind,

“One of the great difficulties in the new order of thought is that we are likely to indulge in too much theory and too little practice!!”

Sometimes we feel if we just read one more book on the subject – whether we’re working on relationships, finances, success or health -- then we’ll really get “The Secret”… that one quick fix we’ve been looking for to make everything better in our lives.

There are no quick fixes! First of all, Life isn’t broken. Secondly, how we are experiencing Life is a system of beliefs we’ve allowed into our consciousness that have become habits. You know what I mean … you quit one job because of something uncomfortable, and get a new one that seems so wonderful, yet the same old things pop up again after awhile.

The best book is the one read to us in the stillness of meditation. The Voice Within has all the answers – after all, It is infinitely intelligent. Yet so many of us struggle though on our own, not wanting to surrender to the Presence because we “want to do it ourselves.” So Life says It’s favourite word – YES.

Years ago Dr. James Golden spoke at the East Hawai’i church. He pointed to the stage and said “What if that stage was filled with stacks and stacks of money, and you were told you could have it all if you did your spiritual practices – would you do them?” Everyone laughed, and I realized in that laughter that we don’t know the benefits of prayer and meditation. If we did, we wouldn’t be looking for the quick fix in books or classes. We’d be doing our spiritual practices as second nature.

Dr. Holmes defined meditation in the glossary of the SOM:

“The general acceptance of the term meditation is contemplation or continuous thought. We mean to convey something more – the recognition of the Father within, the certainty of our Oneness with the Whole, the immediate availability of the Power and Wisdom resulting from this Oneness. Such communion with God brings harmony into our lives and affairs; establishes the law of health and prosperity, and makes us a light to all who cross our pathway.”

Those are the benefits! Do your spiritual practices!!


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Everywhere I am, God is. There is nothing but God – no spot where God is not.

I rejoice in this awareness because I realize I AM living God Life, right here and now.

In this Life, I choose to pay more attention to my Spirit. I let go of my doubts and fears and concerns about the daily effects of my life. God is not concerned, so why should I be?

As I “seek first the Kingdom of God” all I need is provided and more. My life is in perfect balance. My mind is clear, my heart is pure, my body is vibrantly alive. All good comes to me with ease and grace. I am walking Spirit’s Path and it feels so good!

I joyfully do my spiritual practices. I spend delicious time communing with my Self, reading my own Book of Life. I celebrate Life! I know all there is, is God, and where God is, all is well.

Gratefully I release these words to the Law of Mind, knowing they are done. And so it is.

No comments: