Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tomorrow my Goddaughter, Esther, graduates from high school. We are spending the day getting ready for the event, hence the Friday Message on Thursday.

I look at this beautiful young woman, graduating Suma Cum Laude, and all I can see for a moment is the miracle of her birth. I was there, in awe of the miracle of a new soul coming into our world. My memory skips ahead and I remember playing with her as a toddler in the hose on our front lawn … noticing her at age 5 standing in front of me on Sunday mornings, her hands in the same position mine were… Esther, her Mother, and I singing on stage at our Christmas Eve service … seeing her in school events & Shakespeare plays …. so many more memories clamor for attention in my mind.

I asked Rev. Tag (my ex) what memories he had – and he said what he remembered most, was that in all his memories, she was smiling.

I can only imagine thousands of parents are going through the same thing this week .. . a sense of pride mixed with a sense of loss, as this is really a turning point for both the child and the parent. I honour those of you who are parents. What an awesome responsibility to care take a new soul. As Gibran wrote in The Prophet:

“Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.”

Life is certainly doing a great job through and as my Goddaughter!! If she and her friends are an example of the youth of today – WOW! Our world is in for a treat!! I am so grateful I get to be a part of her life!

Blessings, Rev. Angelica

SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

With a grateful heart I celebrate the children of our world. They are, like we are, Divine expressions of The ONE.

I know they are our future. I honour them as they step more fully into their lives. I declare for them a clarity and loving-kindness that exceeds anything we could imagine. I know there is That Within Them that is guiding them to the right place and the right experiences to express their authentic selves.

Regardless of world appearances, I know for them this is a great and peaceful world. One in which resources and knowledge are shared willingly. One in which respect and appreciation for differences is paramount. I know for them only the highest and best for all.

Gratefully I release these words, knowing they are so and so It is.

No comments: