Saturday, April 02, 2011

We Are Amazing

April 2, 2011

Last night I watched the film "Seabiscuit." Seabiscuit was a small horse with lots of issues, who, with his jockey, (who also had lots of issues), ended up being horse of the year in 1938, and a symbol of hope to many Americans during the Great Depression.

For me, the message of this film is: No matter how small we are, (or think we are) or how much we've been through, there is no reason to give up, and our willingness to keep going empowers others to do the same. We are valuable to this world!

As I thought about events in our world today, and even in our personal lives, I went into deep gratitude for the resiliency of the human Spirit! We are so amazing!

We are amazing because of Spirit. No matter what we've gone through, or what our background is, or what anyone thinks about us, or what we think about ourselves, there is That Within Us that knows our True Self. It is our True Self and in that Self, we are always whole and holy.

Marianne Williamson wrote, and was quoted by Nelson Mandela in his 1994 inaugural speech:

"You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others."


SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

I recognize the powerful Presence of The Divine that is absolutely everywhere and in everyone. This Power works for us, by working as us, through us. It is a Power for Good.

Knowing this, I now declare that I am finished with thinking little. I know who I am - an expression of the One Heart/Mind. I release the past and stand proudly in this moment, ready to do what is mine to do. I have all the Power of the Universe behind me, ready to serve at every moment. Nothing is impossible to those who believe. I declare that I believe in the Glory of God within me and within all others. I am liberated, ready to let my Light shine. I rejoice as I see this reflected around me.

Gratefully I celebrate the resiliency of our Spirit. I breathe deeply and say YES to the Universe and it is good. I release these words into the Law of Mind, knowing they are done. And so it is.

No comments: