Friday, March 18, 2011

Silence

I know this isn't a 'fact' yet it seems like we've had a constant barrage of environmental and man-made crisis starting with the events on Sept. 11, 2001.

At that time I saw those towers like a gateway - a gateway that opened the global heart. As I reflect on the last 10 years, I see our hearts open, then get complacent, then open again with each new event.

Witnessing the pain, suffering and loss from each event is overwhelming. We are reminded that life changes in an instant. We ask ourselves, "What can I do?" We keep opening our wallets and praying and that is all we can do, unless we're really guided to be a part of a rescue effort.

I have a friend who belongs to the Red Cross, who is ready to go at a moments notice and has seen the worst of the worlds events. Knowing that he's in the trenches sometimes makes me feel guilty because I'm not doing more.

Then I read something like this and know this is my gift to give:



SPIRITUAL MIND TREATMENT

Today I sit in Holy Silence, fully present for all those who are suffering in this world. I let Love use me in ways that I will never know. I keep my heart open.

I am grateful I can do this work. I am grateful for my ability to transmute pain into Love and to know that Love is the greatest healing agent in the universe.

Today I sit in Holy Silence, fully present for God.

And so it is.

1 comment:

Orea said...

Beautiful.

Another thing we can all do, is send heart-smiles. Thee is a post about this on my blog under, "Bending Light with a Smile." It is a beautiful way to serve, as is the Holy Silence.

http://orea-highervoice.blogspot.com/